When considering painting kitchen cabinets, there are two primary options: do-it-yourself (DIY) and a professional painting company. Both have upsides and downsides, but which is suitable for you?
In this blog post, AJ Painting Contractors Inc. will explore the pros and cons of DIY kitchen cabinet painting.
Keep scrolling for an expert opinion!
Good news should always come first. Let’s start with the advantages of painting your kitchen cabinets yourself:
- You’ll save money. This is probably the number one reason people choose to go the DIY route. Labor costs can pile up quickly, so if you’re on a budget, painting your cabinets is a great way to save money.
- You can multitask. If you’re already planning on painting your kitchen walls, adding the cabinets into the mix won’t add much extra work. You’ll kill two birds with one stone!
- It’s a quick fix. Sometimes you need a fast solution, and painting your cabinets yourself is that. A fresh coat of paint can work wonders if you don’t have the time or money for a complete kitchen renovation.
Now let’s tip the barrel and face those potential cons of painting your cabinets.
- It’s not always repairable. One of the most unbeatable arguments in favor of hiring a professional is because they know how to properly sand and repair cabinets before painting them. If done wrong, any damage will be visible once the paint job is complete.
- It demands time and energy. Painting cabinets is a big job. You have to empty your kitchen, which can ultimately be inconvenient, and the process is time-consuming. If you don’t have the time or energy to spend on a project like this, it’s probably best to entrust it to professionals.
- It might not last. Unless you properly prep and seal your cabinets, the paint job might not last as long as you want it to. AJ Painting Contractors Inc. uses high-quality materials and has the experience to get the job done right. You’ll enjoy your newly painted cabinets for years to come.
- You’ll need a spray gun. You’ll need to invest in a good-quality paint sprayer to avoid brush strokes and get a smooth finish. Unless you’re planning on using it for other projects around the house and have the skills to use it properly, it might be best to leave this one to the experts.
After weighing both pros and cons, you might decide that painting your kitchen cabinets is a job best left to the professionals. At AJ Painting Contractors Inc., we have the necessary experience and expertise to complete the job in Glendale, WI. Enjoy a brand-new kitchen with minimal stress and expert application for years!
What’s there left to consider? Get your free quote today!